Monday, April 03, 2006

Progress Continues


Progress continues! I've finished sanding the interior of the tub, with only the dash & steering column left to sand & prime. I've finally gotten all the guages out of the dash plate, so I can get it cleaned up & primed. I began to make some headway on the floor panels, which is going to take some additional time due to the angles & shape . . . there's only so much I can reach with the wire wheel brush on my bench grinder, & will have to sand some of it. I get a little more excited each day as I pass it by in the garage, feeling like I'm finally getting somewhere. I hope to paint it in mid-May . . . looking forward to finally seeing this thing in olive drab again.



Above: Replacement grill looks good & ready for some OD paint.

On another note, want to direct you to a fellow blogger, Roberto Flores, who is doing his own restoration on a flatfender. Not only is he talented when it comes to his restoration, but he's also an accomplished artist. Visit his sight & enjoy! http://thejeeperwarehouse.blogspot.com/

No comments: